Sunday, September 16, 2007

Meeting Lise after 6 years

Lise is as crazy as ever. I couldn't believe it's been 6 years since she was an exchange student living with our family in India. She gathered the courage to get on that TGV from Besoncon and zoom 3 hours to Paris even though she hates the city, just to see me, her Indian sister. How much luckier could I get?

We walked around "our part of the city", watched her roll her own cigarette as she tried to convince Amit how it is healthier than the regular one, laid on the fake grass at Hotel de Ville to watch the Rugby World Cup on big screen, and chilled out catching up on old times...










Lise took a mental trip back to India with a whiff of the bowl of daal I made. We had long conversations over wine with a home-cooked Indian meal and started the next day with "Suki Chutney" on baguette!



And now, I have been officially introduced to an authentic French BD - Bande Dessin - in other words, french comics.


No comments: